ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
In general, this Policy prohibits uses and activities involving the Service that are illegal, infringe the rights of others, or interfere with or diminish the use and enjoyment of the Service by others. For example, these prohibited uses and activities include, but are not limited to, using the Service, Customer Equipment, or the Easton Velocity Equipment, either individually or in combination with one another, to:
CONDUCT AND INFORMATION RESTRICTIONS
- undertake or accomplish any unlawful purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating information, data or material which is libelous, obscene, unlawful, threatening or defamatory, or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, or non-U.S. law, order, or regulation;
- post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which a reasonable person could deem to be unlawful;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works of, or distribute in any way information, software or other material obtained through the Service or otherwise that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining required permission of the owner;
- transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages commonly known as “spam;”
- send very large numbers of copies of the same or substantially similar messages, empty messages, or messages which contain no substantive content, or send very large messages or files that disrupts a server, account, blog, newsgroup, chat, or similar service;
- initiate, perpetuate, or in any way participate in any pyramid or other illegal scheme;
- participate in the collection of very large numbers of email addresses, screen names, or other identifiers of others (without their prior consent), a practice sometimes known as spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software (including “spyware”) designed to facilitate this activity;
- collect responses from unsolicited bulk messages;
- falsify, alter, or remove message headers;
- falsify references to Easton Velocity or its network, by name or other identifier, in messages;
- impersonate any person or entity, engage in sender address falsification, forge anyone else’s digital or manual signature, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity (for example, “phishing”);
- o violate the rules, regulations, terms of service, or policies applicable to any network, server, computer database, service, application, system, or web site that you access or use;
- access any other person’s computer or computer system, network, software, or data without his or her knowledge and consent; breach the security of another user or system; or attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other hosts, networks, or accounts without express permission to do so;
- use or distribute tools or devices designed or used for compromising security or whose use is otherwise unauthorized, such as password guessing programs, decoders, password gatherers, keystroke loggers, analyzers, cracking tools, packet sniffers, encryption circumvention devices, or Trojan Horse programs. Unauthorized port scanning is strictly prohibited;
- copy, distribute, or sublicense any proprietary software provided in connection with the Service by Easton Velocity or any third party, except that you may make one copy of each software program for back-up purposes only;
- distribute programs that make unauthorized changes to software (cracks);
- use or run dedicated, stand-alone equipment or servers from the Premises that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your Premises local area network (“Premises LAN”), also commonly referred to as public services or servers. Examples of prohibited equipment and servers include, but are not limited to, email, web hosting, file sharing, and proxy services and servers;
- use or run programs from the Premises that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your Premises LAN, except for personal and non-commercial residential use;
- service, alter, modify, or tamper with the Easton Velocity Equipment or Service or permit any other person to do the same who is not authorized by Easton Velocity;
NETWORK AND USAGE RESTRICTIONS
- use the Service for operation as an Internet service provider or for any business, other legal entity, or organization purpose (whether or not for profit);
- restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Service (except for tools for safety and security functions such as parental controls, for example), including, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a worm, virus, or other harmful feature, or
- impede others’ ability to use, send, or retrieve information;
- restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or otherwise disrupt or cause a performance degradation, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to the Service or any Easton Velocity (or Easton Velocity supplier) host, server, backbone network, node or service, or otherwise cause a performance degradation to any Easton Velocity (or Easton Velocity supplier) facilities used to deliver the Service;
- resell the Service or otherwise make available to anyone outside the Premises the ability to use the Service (for example, through WiFi or other methods of networking), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, with the sole exception of your use of Easton Velocity-provided WiFi service in accordance with its then-current terms and policies;
- connect the Easton Velocity Equipment to any computer outside of your Premises;
- interfere with computer networking or telecommunications service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a service, improper seizing and abusing operator privileges, and attempts to “crash” a host; or
- access and use the Service with anything other than a dynamic Internet Protocol (“IP”) address that adheres to the dynamic host configuration protocol (“DHCP”). You may not configure the Service or any related equipment to access or use a static IP address or use any protocol other than DHCP unless you are subject to a Service plan that expressly permits you to do so.
You are responsible for your own compliance with this Policy. You are also responsible for any use or misuse of the Service that violates this Policy by anyone else you permit to access the Service (such as a friend, family member, or guest).
Easton Velocity recommends against enabling file or printer sharing unless you do so in strict compliance with all security recommendations and features provided by Easton Velocity and the manufacturer of the applicable file or printer sharing devices. Any files or devices you choose to make available for shared access on a home LAN, for example, should be protected with a strong password or as otherwise appropriate.
In all cases, you are solely responsible for the security of any device you connect to the Service, including any data stored or shared on that device. It is also your responsibility to secure the Easton Velocity Equipment and any other equipment or programs not provided by Easton Velocity that connect to the Service from external threats such as viruses, spam, bot nets, and other methods of intrusion.
Easton Velocity reserves the right to suspend or apply other interim measures in its sole discretion to your Service, or terminate your Service account and terminate the Subscriber Agreement if you violate the terms of this Policy or the Subscriber Agreement, or if anyone else you permit to access the Service violates this Policy. In that event, Easton Velocity also reserves the right to downgrade, suspend, or terminate other Easton Velocity services you receive.
Easton Velocity does not routinely monitor the activity of individual Service accounts for violations of this Policy. However, in the company’s efforts to promote good citizenship within the internet community, it will respond appropriately if it becomes aware of inappropriate use of the Service. Easton Velocity has no obligation to monitor the Service and/or the network. Easton Velocity and its suppliers reserve the right at any time to monitor bandwidth, usage, transmissions, and content in order to, among other things, operate the Service; identify violations of this Policy; and/or protect the network, the Service and Easton Velocity users.
Easton Velocity prefers to inform customers of inappropriate activities and give them a reasonable period of time in which to take corrective action. Easton Velocity also prefers to have customers directly resolve any disputes or disagreements they may have with others, whether customers or not, without Easton Velocity’s intervention. However, if the Service is used in a way that Easton Velocity or its suppliers, in their sole discretion, believe violates this Policy, Easton Velocity or its suppliers may take any responsive actions they deem appropriate under the circumstances with or without notice. These actions include, but are not limited to, temporary or permanent removal of content, filtering of Internet transmissions, and the immediate suspension or termination of all or any portion of the Service. Neither Easton Velocity nor its affiliates, suppliers, or agents will have any liability for any of these responsive actions. These actions are not Easton Velocity’s exclusive remedies and Easton Velocity may take any other legal or technical actions it deems appropriate with or without notice.
Easton Velocity reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of this Policy, including the gathering of information from the user or users involved and the complaining party, if any, and examine material and data on Easton Velocity’s servers and network. During an investigation, Easton Velocity may suspend the account or accounts involved and/or remove or block material that potentially violates this Policy. You expressly authorize and consent to Easton Velocity and its suppliers cooperating with (i) law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected legal violations, and (ii) and system administrators at other Internet service providers or other network or computing facilities in order to enforce this Policy. Upon termination of your Service account, Easton Velocity is authorized to delete any files, programs, data, email and other messages associated with your account (and any secondary accounts).